March Meeting Notes

BUZZ Event announcements, discussion of the events, pictures, etc.

March Meeting Notes

Postby Lyle » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:29 am

Buzz Brew Meeting Notes for March 2016

HAPPY HOUR – Mike and Mollys, March 16 @ 6pm

Next Meeting Thursday, April 7th @ 7:00 pm at Triptych Brewing Co.

Future meeting topics:

Thanks to Dennis for a presentation on historical beers

The club will fund up to $30 for materials for a meeting topic.

OLD NEWS

Competition – We are looking for someone interested in stepping in as coordinator for the competition. If you are interested, please contact Tim or Lyle. As time draws near there will be small projects that will need to be completed. Look for more information as we get closer to June.

Big Brew – For those that have not had a chance to participate in a big brew at Triptych, we will have another one scheduled for late April or early May. The beer will be brewed in time to have it available for the post party after the competition.

Judges Classes – The club is currently conducting classes to prepare for the tasting exam for BJCP certification. The club will cover the cost of the online exam. There will be a small cost to cover the beers presented at each class. Contact Tim for more information or check the forum. The next scheduled meeting is March 13th.

New Business

Competition beer holders – As you are enjoying your favorite commercial beverage, please save the six pack holder to be used at the competition. They are used to sort beer by category, store beer before the competition and to carry beers to the judge’s tables. We have a supply on hand but need to replace many of them that have seen too many competitions. Bring them to the April or May meeting.

Open Pre-business Meeting – In an effort to streamline the business side of the meeting, there will be an open meeting beginning at 6:15 on the normal meeting night. This meeting is open to anyone interested in attending. It will be held in the tasting room at Triptych.

I received the following letter and am forwarding it to the group.
Hello,
I hope you are doing well. My name is David, I am part of a team of Stanford students doing a project on the home beer brewing community. I got your contact information from the American Homebrewers Association site, and hoped to reach out to you and the members of B.U.Z.Z. for your help in our work.

We are working to understand more about homebrewers' kegging and bottling habits and preferences to inform design of a new kegging solution we are developing. To learn more about the product, please feel free to check out our website: http://www.steedbrewcraft.com/.
To inform our research, we created a short survey at this link: http://bit.ly/1Rojp7H. We would greatly appreciate if you took a few minutes to fill it out. Tons of thoughtful feedback from brewers around the US has already reached us through the survey and has really helped us make a number of important design changes – no one is more familiar with the pain points of the process than you are. We want to make sure we get as many brewers' opinions before launch as possible and input from the homebrewing community is incredibly valuable to us. We'd also be grateful if you forwarded this along to the members of B.U.Z.Z. or other homebrewing friends – the more voices we can hear from, the better.
Thank you in advance for your help. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or comments – we'd love to hear from you.
Best,
David & the STEED Brewcraft team

Good brewing to all until next month.
Lyle
BUZZ Officer

BUZZ Officer

Favorite Beer?: OPEN

Return to BUZZ Events